Our three-tiered consulting approach is supported by research by Dr. Elwood F. Holton, author or editor of 19 books, and Dr. Reid Bates, author of over 150 publications:
- The LTSI Survey - We employ a 51-item online survey used all over the world (in 24 countries + 15 languages) and with a solid 15 year research history.
- Best Practices Database - We recommend proven strategies from our extensive best practices database to overcome barriers (-'s) and leverage the catalysts (+'s) based on your LTSI Survey results.
- The TLX Process - We implement transparent processes, including a learning contract between the program participant and the manager prior to the enrollment in the course, polls to involve line management, 360-degree surveys to assess training impact, ROI analysis, and more.
What are the benefits?
The LTSI survey - combined with the TLX process - can help companies by:
- Identifying the link between the behaviors taught in training and direct improvements in the business
- Supporting their employees’ belief in their capability to influence the business
- Increasing employees' motivation to change
- Increasing ownership by the line manager and all stakeholders for their role in helping the participant improve their performance
IDENTIFIES BARRIERS & CATALYSTS
The Learning Transfer System Inventory (LTSI) diagnoses barriers and catalysts to learning on-the-job. The survey contains 51 items assessing 16 factors. These factors are grouped into 3 broad categories - identified after years of research in adult education - and are highly valid and reliable:
- Content Validity
- Opportunity to Use
- Transfer Design
- Personal Capacity
- Transfer Effort-Performance Expectations
- Motivation to Transfer
- Transfer Performance Outcomes Expectation
- Performance Self-Efficacy
- Learner Readiness
- Supervisor Support
- Peer Support
- Personal Outcomes Positive
- Supervisor Sanctions
- Performance Coaching
- Personal Outcomes Negative
- Resistance to Change